Some like it hot, but... baby, it's cold outside!
So, we’ll turn up the heat with a tasting of high-alcohol wines. What *is* a ‘high-alcohol wine”? Generally, it is a wine with more than 14% alcohol by volume (ABV). That heat is sure to warm you!
We’ll have white, red, dessert, “naturally” strong, and fortified wines – and for fun they are *all* Old World.
Find your favorite among these:
- André & Edmond Figeat, Pouilly-Fumé Les Chaumiennes 2015, France
- Shatter Grenache 2013, France
- Giuliano Rosati, Valpolicella Ripasso 2014, Italy
- Les Vignobles de Constance et du Terrassous 6 year Rivesaltes, France
- Rare Wine Co. Historic Series Savannah Verdelho Special Reserve (NV), Portugal
BONUS: These bottles will be available for sale to-go!
This tasting will be led by Jill Weber, Jet's owner and our Wining Archaeologist. Let her guide you through 5 wines, and feel a little heat in this first tasting of 2017.
Your $30 ticket entitles you to our 5-wine tasting plus light snacks, as well as 15% off your evening's bar tab AND special pricing on bottles of the evening's wines (for to-go sales).
*You must be 21 or over to participate
Where? Jet Wine Bar, 1525 South Street, 215.735.1116
When? Tuesday, January 10th
What Time? 6:30pm – 8:30pm
How Much? $30
**We regret that tickets will not be refunded within 48 hours of the event, or if the event has sold out.